Linking up with some of my favorite things from the past couple of weeks…
- My grandmothers visiting and getting to meet my baby girls My grandmothers live about 6-8 hours away, so we do not get to see them often. Getting to see them hold and interact with my girls was really special.
- Lady Antebellum concert with my husband A couple of weekends ago, Robert and I got to go on our first date since having Claire. We got to go to a Lady Antebellum concert and it was sooo GOOD! I really enjoyed it! I knew every song they sang except for 1 or 2 from their new album and it was just a great performance by them. Kelsea Ballerini opened for them and she was really good too! The weather was perfect….we could not have asked for better evening in August than this one. It was high 70’s/low 80’s with a breeze…just perfect and we had awesome seats!!! We were in the first row of seats behind “the pit”. Couldn’t have asked for better seating!!! It was hard leaving both of my babies overnight for the first time, but it was something Robert and I needed. I am such a big proponent of date nights…I think they are very important to one’s marriage.
- My baby girl starting Pre-K3 How is my baby in Pre-K? I know these next two years will fly by and before I know it she will be in Kindergarten and I’ve heard once they get in school, time flies even faster. She was so excited to be in the big kids’ class. I hope she learns a lot this year.
- Getting selected to be on book launches – Reading is one of my most favorite things to do in life, so getting to be a part of spreading the word about new books coming out is like a dream come true for me. Just in this past week, I have been selected to be a part of three different launches of books from authors that I really enjoy reading and following on social media.
- I love you’s out of the blue – Last night we were sitting on the couch watching one of Emmalyn’s shows before bed and she was playing with something in her hands and out of the blue she says…”You know what?” and I said “No, what?” and Emmalyn (without even looking over at me) said “I love you Mom”. Talk about melting my heart…that meant so much to me her just saying that right out of the blue. I struggle with working outside the home and my girls having to go to daycare. I never went to daycare or school…I stayed home and was homeschooled and just assumed I would do that with my kids and now I’m not and it’s one of the hardest things for me. So just her saying that meant to me that I am doing something right even if I can’t be around them every day. This was by far my favorite thing from the week!!!
Until next time….keep it simple!
Leave a Reply