I haven’t written an “Intentions” post in awhile and thought it was a good time with the new school year starting to reflect and lay out my goals for the rest of the year. I’ve broken them down into five categories: Spiritual, Health, Home, Dreaming Big, and Me Time.
- Daily Bible time (listening to Chronological Bible or reading the Bible myself, just something)
- Fresh Faith Challenge (I am doing this challenge with the Cultivate What Matters community and using their Write the Word journals)
- Pray consistently…not just me alone, but me praying at night with each of the girls as well
- Scripture Memory for me and as well as the girls (one verse weekly)
- Drink 100 oz. of water daily
- Make healthy choices (limit gluten/sugar; more vegetables and fruits; less processed foods, etc.)
- 7,500 steps daily
- Research macros for weight loss and intermittent fasting
- Declutter one room drastically
- Meal Plan/Prep weekly (with Emmalyn starting Kindergarten this month, I really need to be intentional in planning her lunches and laying out her clothes ahead of time)
- Organize photos the Nancy Ray method (at least do last month -July- to begin with)
- Order a flower girl dress for Emmalyn and my bridesmaid’s dress for my sister’s wedding
- Kiss Robert daily (I have realized life is so busy that we have been going days/weeks sometime without giving each other a kiss and I’m ready to change that)
- Clean out my car weekly
- Pursue learning photography (first step – taking camera out of my closet; watching some learning videos; etc.)
- Work on my Blog (finish setting up pages; post once a week, etc.)
- Work on handlettering (practice at least three times a week)
- Read books (3 fiction/2 non-fiction)
- Relaxing baths at least once weekly
- Write an encouraging note to one person weekly
I feel like I may have too many “intentions” for this month with Emmalyn starting Kindergarten and us having to find a new routine that works for us, but I don’t feel like any of them are super overwhelming and they all are important to me. So I’m looking forward to taking small steps towards achieving them and hopefully seeing a little progress at the end of the month.
Until next time…keep it simple!